How to install Kodi for Windows PC? To set up the Kodi for Windows 7, 8, or 10, is quite much straight forward. You can easily download .exe file from the Kodi website and then just installation of the app remains.. The next step after installation is to start setup of all the Kodi addons like Exodus, Alluc, and SALTS. In this article you will find step by step guide to install the kodi for windows.
KODI for Windows 7, 8 & 10 : How to Install
Kodi can be downloaded and installed for so many devices, but the biggest advantages with windows is that the installation part is very simple and you don’t need any technical person with you to perform the installation of kodi for you. So below are the steps to install Kodi on PC Windows
Installation of Kodi for Windows PC-
It is quite simple and straightforward like other windows applications.
- Firstly download the latest kodi version from http://kodi.tv/download/.
- After that open the .exe file after which you will get the installation dialog.
- Follow the shown installation screen in which the installation will begin. For most of the users, offered default settings are sufficient. If it is not, change them accordingly if you are actually sure that you want to do this.
- If you have Chocolatey installed you can run it directly from the Windows Start button in a Program Group called Kodi.
After the installation of kodi is done you can directly start using the application. Now below are the steps that how you can start the kodi for using it with windows.
- You can find it under the Windows start button, that will be there in the program called as the Kodi.
- Or if you are not able to find it then you can simply use desktop icon that is present over there.
- Now after this, for the navigation you can use either keyboard, mouse or the remote control.
- Add more sources in the Music, Videos or in Photos, see the Media Sources and now you are perfectly ready to plan your media.
How to install Kodi Addons on Windows PC
To get the additional benefits in windows kodi for the video straeming and movies you need to download and install the kodi addons. So download and install the kodi addons, follow the below steps.
- The First step to get addons is , go to System -> File Manager.
- Click on the option ‘Add Source’.
- Select option ‘None’ and the enter the following url in the space provided: http://fusion.tvaddons.ag
- Click on ‘Done’.
- Scroll to the empty bar and enter: fusion
- Then agan click on the‘Done’ option.
- Select ‘OK’.
- Now from home screen, go to the option ‘System’ -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Add-ons’
- Select there option with ‘Install from zip file’.
- Choose option ‘fusion’ -> ‘Begin-Here’.
- Click on the option given as ‘plugin.program.addoninstaller-1.2.9.zip’ to install it.
- Now next from the home screen, go to ‘Programs’ -> ‘Program add-ons’.
- Click ‘Addon Installer’ and wait till the time it get loads.
- Then, select option‘Featured Addons’.
- Select Alluc and install it.
- From the Kodi home screen, choose ‘Videos’ -> ‘Addons’ -> Alluc.
- When you launch the Alluc Kodi addon for the first time, you will be asked to sign in using your Alluc account.
Uninstalling kodi for Windows-
As the installation is part, now you may also get required to uninstall the program, so for this also we are providing you detailed step if any such type of need comes to you.
- At first you need to go to the “Add or Remove Programs” you will find this option in “Control Panel” under Windows
- Now choose option to remove “Kodi”
- You can also find this option under Windows Start button in the Program Group called as the Kodi.
Upgrading kodi windows-
Unless the copy of Kodi is more than two years there is no problem in upgrading it from an older version. Before upgrading your copy it is always recommended to make a backup of your data so that your data doesn’t get lost.
Should i use VPN with Kodi?
VPN can be referred as the virtual private network. If you are connecting to a VPN server then it allows you to hide your IP address, to encrypt your traffic, and do whatever you want to do while you are online.
In general, it is usually always recommended to use the VPN along with the Kodi for many different reasons. First reason if we tell you is that Kodi addons get their streams from the various pirated as well as illegal sites. This means that if your ISP snoops on your online activity, then definitely you might get a warning letter, DMCA or a copyright infringement letter. Also if you are a resident of UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, and USA then you must remain careful with all this.
Setting up the VPN on Windows PC is simple task and doesn’t require any special technical know-how thanks to VPN apps provided by VPN services such as IPVanish.
Also there are some of the VPN services which certainly function better with the Kodi than any others.
So this was al about how to install Kodi for windows 7, Kodi for Windows 8 and Kodi for windows 10, steps are very simple and you can easily follow to complete the installation process. Now you can enjoy streaming music, videos, movies, games and much more and that too only with a sinle app. If still you have any qregardingading the steps or anything else then leave a comment below we will reply to you athe earliest.